Welcome to The Cathedral of Saint Patrick
Serving the Charlotte Catholic Community for Over 75 Years
The Cathedral of Saint Patrick is the seat of the Roman Catholic Church in Charlotte, North Carolina. It is the mother church of the Diocese of Charlotte and is the seat of its prelate bishop, Bishop Peter J. Jugis.
St. Patrick Church was built adjacent to the O'Donoghue School, in the Dilworth neighborhood. John Henry Phelan of Beaumont, Texas donated the funds to build St. Patrick Church, in loving memory of his parents, Patrick and Margaret Adele Phelan. Construction of the church began on St. Patrick's Day, 1938. On Sept. 1, 1939, Bishop Eugene J. McGuinness of Raleigh dedicated the church under the patronage of St. Patrick, and then on Sept. 4, 1939, the bishop consecrated the church. It became the first church in North Carolina to be consecrated immediately upon completion, and in 1942 it became a parish. On Jan. 12, 1972, Pope Paul VI established the Diocese of Charlotte, and St. Patrick Church was designated its cathedral church.
The Cathedral of Saint Patrick has been a beacon of faith in the Charlotte community for 75 years. As a parish, the community strives to provide spiritual nourishment, hospitality, and community outreach through a commitment to authentic Catholic tradition, values, and teaching. The Cathedral welcomes all to join the parish community for worship, fellowship and prayer.
Saturday Vigil - 5:30 pm
Saturday, 4:00 pm
Eucharistic Adoration is held every Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Mon-Fri, 9:00 am-5:00 pm
Want to grow in holiness? Join the Cathedral for a 33 day Marian Consecration starting Nov. 9. CLICK HERE for information.
View More Calendar Events Here